Your Data Safety Comes First
You have a right to know how laif deals with the confidential data that you send us while working on our website. We respect your right to decide whether and to what extent your data is used and stored. The following data protection regulations provide information about the storage and usage of your data. This information will be useful when you come to making decisions about any restrictions you want to impose. These rules apply to laif, unless any other conditions were previously agreed to in a contract, either on- or offline.
If you have any questions about the following data protection regulations or any part of them, we would be happy to help you. Please send your questions to email@example.com.
laif.de is run by “laif-Agentur für Photos und Reportagen GmbH” in the Federal Republic of Germany. By using this website you are agreeing to the following conditions:
(1) Data stored on this website will remain stored and can be retrieved for an unspecified period of time.
(2) laif can use this data for a variety of purposes:
• to process your orders and invoices
• to send offers, advertising campaigns, important information and announcements
• to conduct market analysis
• to make it easier for you to use with website
• to contact you
(3) laif is authorized to pass the required amount of data on to collection organizations. If their policy in dealing with data differs from laif’s, laif does not accept liability for this.
(4) Customer information, including personal data, can be disclosed in the case of mergers, sale or purchase of company property, declared bankruptcy or officially certified insolvency. In this case personal data would be handed on as part of the company’s assets.
(5) We reserve our right to pass on personal information, if we are ordered to do so by law. This also applies to any legal proceedings in which our company’s, our employees’, our customers’ or the public’s rights concerning security or property must be protected.
(6) Unless otherwise stated in the data protection regulations, laif will not pass on, rent or sell any customer data to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes.
Data Stored on our Site
When you visit this site, certain data, such as the website through which you found us, your IP or email address, or information on searching and purchasing can be automatically stored by this site’s software. This data is used in order to create user profiles and to better align our website with your specific interests. You will be asked to supply information in online-forms in order to use our services. You are free to decide whether or not you want to fill in these forms. However, if you do not, you might not have access to all of our products and services.
When you visit laif.de, we send a text-file, a so-called cookie, to the browser’s directory on your computer’s main disc. A cookie is a small file which stores the websites in your web browser and retrieves them later. Cookies have a number of advantages. They enable laif to recognize data, such as the special light boxes, which you used to select the right material for your specific purposes. Cookies can be used for displaying previous search results. They also make retrieving light boxes easier.
Most browsers are able to deny access to cookies. However, if you choose this option, it might prevent laif’s web pages from being displayed properly. Of course you are free to decide whether or not you want to delete our cookies after visiting laif.de. Your browser should have instructions on this topic.
Links to other Websites
Data protection regulations on sites to which we are linked, including partner agencies and photographers, might differ from those presented above. We cannot be held liable for the way in which your data is treated on websites which you reached through links. We strongly advise you to look into their specific regulations.
Amendments to these Online Data Protection Regulations
We reserve our right to change or add to these data protection regulations at any time. However, we will not do so without publishing an updated copy on this website. We recommend that you read these instructions every time you visit our site so that you know how we plan to deal with your stored data.
© 2010 laif GmbH. All Rights Reserved.